Sunday, February 26, 2012

Digital Story Telling

Digital Story Telling is a way to make video presentations. I used Photo Peach which I  thought was user friendly and a great resource. I feel that this can be used for education in many ways. I can use it in my art room to introduce lessons. Using it to introduce my lessons, students will be able to see examples and information that goes along with those images, as I am going over certian aspects of the lesson. I can also use it to show students different artists. I can create a weekly presentation on a certain artist and do a feature artist each week. This tool is also a great help for me when I am going over the steps of the lesson. I can have an image and the instructions up as I do a demonstration. It can even be an alternative to an altered book. Where they can use Digital Story Telling to create a "book" or just use it to create a story project. There are really an endless amount of possibilities.

My students can use this as a tool as well. They can make a presentation to share with the class about a certain topic. They could use it in place of a test to show me what they learned. I can have them use it for a project. They can use it to showcase their photos from a photo project. My students can use it to can also use it for their final project as their portfolio.This will show their progress throughout the year and showcase all their finished pieces. They have the ability to discuss their opinions on Photo Peach as well which would help them in talking about their portfolio. Photo Peach would be a great tool for the art classroom and my students.

Here is my example of how I used Photo Peach to introduce a lesson.


Sculptural Art on PhotoPeach

No comments:

Post a Comment