Sunday, April 15, 2012

Graphic Organizer (Inspiration)

Inspiration is a great tool that is used to make graphic organizers. Like the title says a graphic organizer is an outline of information made with graphics as well as text. I would use this in the classroom to help keep students engaged. I believe that many students are more visual learners so as a result a outline that is mainly graphics would help each student learn much more. It can be given out as part of notes in the class so that students can have a fun way to study and remember much more. I will use it to help me when I am teaching. I tend to lose my place when I teach off of notes so I believe that by following images I will be much less likely to lose my place which would lead to my lesson teaching going much smoother. The biggest advantage to using a graphic organizer in the classroom is that it keeps students interested. I am also able to get a large amount of information into a small space which then gives me more space to teach. One other advantage to using the graphic organizer is that it can be posted up in multiple ways. I can change my view from a web to an outline in a few seconds. This versatility allows the advantage for all students because they can all look at the information that suits them best. I used Inspiration to create my graphic organizer. This program is user friendly and fun to use. I recommend you give it a chance. Below is an example on a graphic organizer. I made this one to help my students get a better grasp on the many different concentrations of art and a few examples of each. Enjoy ...


No comments:

Post a Comment