Sunday, April 22, 2012

Graphic Organizer

During this week, I discovered a great resource that I plan to use in my classroom. This resource is called a graphic organizer. Basically it is a visual study tool. The graphic organizer consists of images and text that can help break down a larger idea. This resource is great for the classroom because it allows those students who are visual learners in the class a better way to learn. The organizer can be used in discussions to connect images with the information, as a study guide for students, or as a group discussion starter. There are numerous other possibilities as well. I plan to use it in my art room to organize the main themes in art. I see a big advantage to having a resource like this. One reason being that it helps the visual learners of the classroom. Another reason is so that I , as an educator, can switch up my teaching style. Finally, I feel that it engages students much more. It is a more exciting method of learning. Below I have an example of a graphic organizer. This was created for my students in my ceramics class to use as a study guide for their final test. I hope you find it to be useful!


No comments:

Post a Comment